Directed Warranty Policy for Consumers
For Directed products that were installed in your vehicle by a Directed authorized retailer, you MUST contact an authorized dealer for warranty coverage and it must be re-installed by professionals as stated in the warranty terms.
For a list of authorized Directed dealers in your area please use our Store Locator.
- Your product warranty starts on the date that you purchased the product. A copy of your store receipt with the purchase date and authorized dealer's information must accompany the return of any warranted product.
- As stated in the warranty terms that you received with your product, Directed may repair your defective product, or exchange it with a new or factory refurbished equivalent.
- Your product warranty is voided if the product is damaged through negligence, misuse, or mishandling, or if any bar-coded labels or serial numbers are removed from the product.
- Directed will return the product back to you at your expense if it is not covered by the terms of the warranty.
- See the warranty terms specific to your product for further details.
Instructions for Returning Warranted Product for Exchange
We recommend that you first attempt to exchange warranted product at the store or dealer where you purchased it; this is usually the fastest way to get a replacement.
All returns and exchanges must be accompanied by an RMA number in order to be processed properly. If your shipment arrives without an RMA number, your warranty claim will be delayed. You must include your RMA number on the outside of the package (written legibly). We must receive your return package within 30 days from the date you submit your RMA request. Please retain the RMA number for your records.
Please call this number US: (800) 876-0800 or Canada: (800) 361-7271
- You are responsible for return shipping costs. You may use your preferred carrier. We recommend that you use a traceable method of shipment. If your shipment is lost for any reason and you do not have proof of delivery, you will not receive a replacement. You must include your RMA number on the outside of the package.
- Pack your return carefully. The package you return to us must include all items from your original purchase, including the main unit and all accessories. In addition you must also include a copy of your original proof of purchase. Please note you will be responsible for the cost of any missing items.
- Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for your exchange to be processed. You are responsible for return shipping and missing parts charges. Directed will be responsible for shipping the product back to you.